Thursday, November 15, 2012

David's First Primary Talk

Below is a copy of David's first talk he gave in primary on 26 August 2012.  For only 6 years old he is an incredible reader.  :)


Exodus 20:8 says to 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'  Jesus taught that the purpose of the Sabbath is to give us a day to rest from our usual daily activities.  It is a day to think about Jesus, to worship and serve him. 
Sometimes it is hard to keep the Sabbath day holy because a lot of kids don't.  Sometimes they tease you or are mean to you about it.  But keeping the Sabbath day holy helps me feel happy because I feel the Holy Ghost more than if I didn't.
The Holy Ghost helped me make the decision to not play in soccer games that were on Sunday.  That helped me feel happy even though it was a hard decision. 
Heavenly Father has given us 6 other days we can do those things.  Sunday is for him. 
I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



Karen - www.silasdak.com

No comments:

Post a Comment