Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easy on the Sarcasm

I think maybe it's time my husband and I lay off the sarcasm a little while at home.  It is necessary for survival in the workplace, but I think our soon-to-be seven year-old has grasped sarcasm better than most ten year-olds we know.  He is too smart for his own good, but struggles with following directions and staying focused, which is common with six year-olds.  
One example of the sarcasm –
Mom: “David, did you get your shoes on yet?”
David: Walks out of his bedroom and says, “No, these are just my house shoes.”   Grrr…

Another example –
Mom: “David, go clean your room before bed please.”
David: “Ummm, yeah.  I would love to mom, but I am not going to be able to clean my room tonight because I have too much else to do tonight before bed.”  Growl…

Yeah, maybe it is time to ease up on that sarcastic side at home for awhile.


Karen – www.silasdak.com


Thought for the day:
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment