Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Making Stuff Up


On Thanksgiving a bunch of us were downstairs at Grandma and Grandpa's house watching a DVD of the church youth program that was performed the weekend of the Kansas City Temple dedication.  Two of my sisters and their families live in the Kansas City area so during the program there were a lot of people they knew in the pictures and video.  On one picture, my niece Farah, commented to her mom (my sister Tanya) and pointed out a family they knew in the audience, "look mom, it's the Soenso's!"  Mason, desperate to talk and being shushed throughout the program said, "Yeah!  I know them, it's the Soenso's!  I know who they are.  I recognize them too."

I told Mason he did not know them and to quit making stuff up.  He replied, "Mom, I like to talk all the time and I have to make stuff up sometimes so I can keep talking."  At the time I had no response so I let him get away with it, but we have since worked on ways to make sure people know when his stories are things he made up and when he is telling the truth.   


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment